As has been well publised by the media, Royal Mail workers will be taking industrial action over the coming weeks. Below you can read the official communication:
The Communication Workers Union (CWU) has called on its members who collect, sort and deliver parcels and letters to take strike action on 26 and 31 August and the 8 and 9 September 2022.
On days when strike action is taking place:
- We will deliver as many Special Delivery and Tracked24 parcels as possible
- We will prioritise the delivery of COVID test kits and medical prescriptions wherever possible
- We will not be delivering letters (with the exception of Special Delivery)
What you can do:
- Post your items as early as possible in advance of the strike dates
- Continue to post your items at Postboxes or Post Offices, however collections will be less frequent on days when strike action is taking place
Here at Bunker Mentality, we have tried to do what we can to put contigency measures in place, so that we can continue to offer the same great service that we normally would do.
- All orders will be sent out tracked so that you as the customer are kept as informed as possible about the status of your delivery. This will hopefully give your Bunker Mentality package priority over standard services and ensure that it is delivered to you as soon as possible.
- We will still be able to offer an upgraded service with a more guaranteed next day service than Royal Mail are able to offer - this will be done through DHL - shipping cut offs will vary. If you need an order for a specific date please email us at email@example.com
We are hoping that these strikes won't affect things completely, and please be assured that we are doing everything we can to make the delivery service as smooth as possible. As always, if you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Royal Mail information can be found here at https://www.royalmail.com/latest-news